Bournemouth School will be hosting the 2017 Careers Conference on Thursday, 19th October 2017 from 6.00pm-9.00pm. The conference is held jointly with Bournemouth School for Girls and Talbot Heath School.
A copy of this year’s Careers Conference programme will be available for download from our website a week before the Conference. It will contain all of the information that you will need to plan your evening including the location of all of the delegates and a full timetable of talks and presentations. You should aim to get to the talks 5 minutes before the published start time so that you can get seated.
The evening is aimed at all students in Year 8 and above, and there should be something for everyone: whether it is helping to explore GCSE choices, networking for work experience placements, or considering post 16 or post 18 options there will be people to question and talks to inspire.
Your son/daughter may wish to:
- talk to delegates to see what options they took at GCSE, chat with the careers advisor, or find someone who does the job they would like to do to find out what it is really like.
- chat to companies to see what work experience opportunities they have or take inspiration from the delegates that are doing the job.
- see what other colleges and 6th forms can offer, see what else is available other than ‘A’ levels or find out from universities what ‘A’ levels are needed for a particular course. Why not go to the apprenticeship talks, or find out about the opportunities available with some of the area’s biggest employers
- find out what universities can offer. Do you need a degree or are there other routes into your chosen profession? Why not go to the ‘Student Life’ talk.
- chat to delegates that work in your area of interest or see if there’s a relevant presentation taking place. Is there a professional body or society for that occupation here tonight? If so why not speak with its members?
I hope that you will be able to attend the Careers Convention and find the evening informative.