The School, which was founded in 1901, is an over-subscribed grammar school for boys (with girls in the sixth form) serving Bournemouth and the surrounding area.
The school’s published admission number for Year 7 entry is 180 with students having to pass an examination to join us. A number of students join us in Year 12 from other local schools. The School converted to become an academy on 1st September 2011. Shortly afterwards, we were inspected by Ofsted and judged to be “outstanding”.
Our school is committed to achieving the highest academic standards through a broad and balanced education within a stimulating environment. At Bournemouth School we aim to:
- provide an environment that enables every individual regardless of race, creed, class or ability to develop their potentials and talents within the School community
- encourage all our pupils to develop their potential to the full by setting themselves the highest standards of excellence and achievement
- develop in all our pupils the integrity and the means to face confidently the challenges of a fast changing world
- provide a stimulating environment which shows students that learning is an exciting life-long activity
- develop well-rounded, self-fulfilled individuals who are aware of and who are able to take advantage of all that Bournemouth School offers
- encourage and help all students to develop talents, skills and interests, and to have understanding of moral and spiritual values, inspiring them to lead happy, purposeful and responsible lives
- involve all members of the community, especially parents, in the life of the School and in the education of their sons and daughters.
At Bournemouth School we know we can make a significant difference in the lives of our learners.
Whatever your reasons for visiting our website we hope that you find easily the information that you are looking for. We also hope that you will begin to appreciate why we all believe that Bournemouth School is a very special community. Please contact us if you require any further details.