Receiving Parental Emails
Due to the way email communication is distributed from our parental email system (InTouch), it is possible that some parents may find that these emails are categorised as spam/junk by their mailbox providers.
Should you find that you are not receiving emails from the school, you should in the first instance check that you have added our InTouch address to your "safe senders" list. A guide for this process with some of the most common mailbox providers is shown below. Please note that this guidance is subject to change, and we would always refer parents to their own mail provider for the latest guidance on how to manage their safe sender rules.
The school's InTouch email address is:
- At the top of the page, select Settings > Mail.
- Select Mail > Accounts > Block or allow.
- To add an entry to safe senders and recipients, enter the email address firstname.lastname@example.org in the Enter a sender or domain here text box.
- From the Settings tab, select the Safe senders folder and click on the Add button.
- Add the email address email@example.com and click Save.
- After a confirmation message, the email address will be added to your list of safe senders.
- Open an email from the sender you would like to add to the safe list. (You may need to find an email in your junk/spam folder.) Look for an email from address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click on the sender’s email address at the top of the email.
- A list of options will appear on a drop down menu.
- Click on Add to Address Book.
- The sender will be automatically added to your Apple Mail safe senders list.
- On your computer, open Gmail.
- On the left menu, click More.
- Click Spam.
- Find an email from address email@example.com that has been classified as spam.
- At the top, click Not spam.
- The sender will be automatically added to your Gmail safe senders list.
Users can also manage their personal contact list in Gmail. When a user adds an external address to their contacts list, Gmail won't mark messages from the external address as spam.
- Click on the address book icon under the Yahoo! mail logo. (When your mouse crosses it, it will say Contacts.)
- Click New contact.
- Enter a suitable name and type (or copy and paste) the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click Save.